Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fresh City Farms [Recipe Bags] - CONTEST

Fresh City (@freshcityfarms) acquired Recipe Kit Company Fresh Canteen (see previous post here), now we can look foward to organic and locally focused recipe bag/meal delivered to our door.
We get to choose between vegetarian, fish and organic meat based meals which start at $7.75 to $12.00 per portion, feed up to four people and can include 2 to 5 meals per week (more details here)

On top of that, Fresh City's online market boost over 800 grocery items sourced from local farmers and markets from Ontario.


Love how the meat/fish are packed separately from the other ingredients.

Just like all the meal-in-a-box delivery, Fresh City's recipe bags include all of the ingredients and instructions for a healthy easy to cook meal. 

Compare to the other similar services I tried before, I find Fresh City's version include less steps with less prep/cutting which would be great for beginner cook (ahem, aka the bf).

All of below are portion for 2 people, the meat and fish dish portion was quite a generous portion but I find the vegetarian portion rather small or at least for the recipe I got.

The only con of Fresh City's recipe bags is that you do not get to choose the dishes that you want but only the type of meat/fish/veggie option.


Moroccan Chicken w/ Raisin Quinoa
This was easy and definitely something that I would cook at home, I especially love how they list out the amount of each ingredients in the Moroccan Spice Mix so that I can make my own in the future, especially if I want to recreate this dish. Please make sure to keep the recipe cards included for each meals in the future.






New Potato & Pickerel Bake w/ Lemon & Fennel
This was my favorite recipe out of the three, never though of cooking pickerel this way and it was easy and delicious with generous portions. 



Broccoli Ramen Stir-Fry
Portion was rather small for this vegetarian option and I personally think it's probably the least worth-for-it's-buck.


Enter to Win a $50 gift card to try out their bags!



*** This was complimentary. Opinions are my own***


No comments:

Post a Comment