Thursday, February 11, 2016

Peter Pan Bistro [French/British - Winterlicious 2016]

I loved our Summerlicious dinner (blog post here) at Peter Pan Bistro (@peterpanbistroso much that we decided to come back for Winterlicious (@LiciousTO.












One of my favorite thinks at Peter Pan was the roasted Garlic with their bread, not so good on date night but so stinky tasty.

Lamb Sweetbread Sausage w/ Kale
Got this on top of the prix fixe, this sounded too good for us to pass and it was indeed our favorite dish of the night. This was perfect paired with the peppery flavor of the Durham Black Katt Stout that Ben ordered.


Winterlicious Dinner 3-Course Prix Fixe $35pp

Mussels on Toast
~ Sea Asparagus and Leeks
What a generous portion for an appetizer, this was perfect 



Duck Hearts (local)
~ Celeriac, Red Onion, Mache
The duck hearts are tender and love to see it on a non-Chinese restaurant menu but wish there was more since it's something relatively not expensive.


The Pan Burger (local)
~ welsh rarebit, bacon, Worcestershire mayo, fries, piccalilli
Love the toasted bun and the sauce but it was well done, wish it was slightly more medium rare.


Venison Pie (local)
~ carrots, parsnip, onion, scalloped potato
The pie crust was not flaky or fluffy at all , probably pre-made?! After seeing this, I wish I had ordered the burger as well.


Sticky Toffee Pudding
~ vanilla creme anglaise, toffee caramel
I am a total sucker of warm desserts especially STP, so I just had to order this as soon as I seen it on the menu.


Fresh Baked Madeleines
~ Lemon Lavender Curd
Slightly on the dry side but it was still delicious with the lemon curd although I didn't really taste the lavender which I though was great since most of the time I find it too overwhelming.


Verdict :
I love how it's promotional Winterlicious menu and yet the food and service are still so great.
Rarely do I go to a restaurant for licious that the service is as great, super attentive and our water was always filled.
Will definitely be back for their regular menu



Peter Pan Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment