Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Megalomaniac [Ontario Winery]

Back in November, we went on a day trip to Wine Country once again mainly for Taste the Season and also to replenish our stock of wine for the holidays. I can't help by stop by Megalomaniac (@megalomaniacJHC) to check out their new tasting room and also to stock up.
Remember my post here where the tasting room was a tiny cave/cellar but now there a brand new building sitting on top of that original spot.
 

 
With the red walls and all those chandeliers, it was difficult to imagine what it use to be like. With the large space and the big windows overlooking the vineyard, I can only imagine a lot of future function being host here... maybe a candlelit dinner on this long table?! ♥
 

Although I love the new space, I can't help but miss the old one which felt more exclusive and intimate.


The truth is, I don't think there's any Megalomaniac wine that I don't like and haven't tried and that's how big of a fan I am.
 
I was so happy to see a new Reserve Series call Grounded and it was so difficult for me not to buy all 4 of them (we were on a budget) - 2010 Grounded Reserve Cabernet Merlot, 2010 Grounded Reserve Merlot, 2010 Grounded Reserve Cabernet Franc & 2012 Grounded Reserve Riesling
 
The Cabernet Sauvignon even won a Silver Medal at the 2014 InterVin awards; due to the warm weather in 2010 , this wine had a very plush/rich texture.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment