Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Avocado Tomato Grilled Cheese ~ #LuvMexAvocado

I have always love Avocados since it's so versatile and basically a creamy goodness that goes with everything. Not only that but they are low in fat and packed with vitamins; therefore I was thrilled when Sandy (@savvari) asked me to participate in a blogging/cooking project with Avocados from Mexico (@MissAvaCado).





Here's some fun fact of Avocados from Mexico:
~ The world's 1st avocado was grown and cultivated more than 9,000 years ago in the fertile, volcanic region of Mexico
~ Currently Mexico is the only region in the world where avocados bloom four times a year
~ Mexico is responsible for approximately half of the world's total avocado production
~ Avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and more potassium than banana
~ When served with other vegetables, avocado's healthy fats (help lower "bad" LDL cholesterol) help the body absorb fat-soluble nutrients from the foods.

One of my earliest memory of Avocados was a milkshake that my dad would made just by blending ripe avocados with a bit of condensed milk, then refrigerate or freeze and  enjoy the thick creamy goodness. I still make it from time to time to this very day.


We were provided with a few recipes to choose from or create our own but thought I would share one of my fave Grilled Cheese Sandwich of all time. It's easy and most ingredient will probably be on hand.

Avocado Tomato Grilled Cheese
Ingredients: Bread, Cheese, Tomato, Avocado and butter

1) Slice Avocado & Tomato around 1/4"
2) Butter the outside of the bread and put the cheese, avocado and tomato in between (I use the good old Kraft cheese slices here but feel free to experiment with other cheeses).
3) Sprinkled with ingredients with salt and pepper as desire (be careful if you are using saltier cheese).
3) Heat up you skillet with some butter/oil, toast sandwich until the desire golden color.

Tip: If you prefer using butter like me (and who doesn't), add a touch of oil when cooking and it won't brown up (burn) as quickly.

I did this as my Meatless Monday Dinner but feel free to add ham, bacon, chicken or bacon jam which is my favorite choice.


Paired the finish product with a side of salad and it's good to go, easy and quick meal that I bet anyone would enjoy since who doesn't like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Visit their website here to find out more about avocados and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment