Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Night Market @ 99 Sudbury

Since last month, Toronto got a new weekly Night Market (@NightMarketTO) taking place every Wednesday from 5 to 10pm at 99 Sudbury (@99Sudbury). They bought together a lightly curated selection of local artisans, food and drink vendors. After 3 weeks of soft launch mode, the Night Market finally hosted it's Launch Party.

Arriving, I already noticed 2 food truck parked outside which is a pretty good sign for me and apparently, there will be at least 1 or 2 food trucks that will be making a weekly appearance.


We tried the Red Velvet and Chocolate, love the cute individual container that it came in (it had a round lid) but I am not really a big fan of their cupcake which was sweet, dense and heavy.


You guessed it right, the first thing I did was head over to get myself a drink. That day they were serving 3 innovative cocktails and I tried all 3 of them. I liked all 3 but have to say my fave being the Bourbon Daisy. Unlike some other events where cocktail are really made quick, here you see that he took his time and love that's put into it... you can def taste the difference.


With my drink in hand of course I have to head over to my favorite vendor, Allen was there serving up 3 variations of his fried rice balls. I felt in love with them since I had it at TO Food Fest and it's one of those rare items from pop up that's really filling. It was $6 for any 2 balls and I went with the Porkzilla & Pokeball (Allen had his fan/follower name his balls).







I actually don't want to mention what happen when we went over for dinner after the event (just don't go). But here with people ordering just 1pc and with only 4 people before me, I waited over 15 mins for mine. Def need a quicker shucker here....


I heard their ice cream sandwiches are really good, need to try it next time for sure.





Not only was there food and drinks, there was a few other vendors for sauces, jewelries, veggies etc...





BerryFresh (@BerryFresh4u)
 I thought there was going to be more of these fresh produce vendors... sort of a mini farmers market at night but they were the only one there.




Wild Beast Design by Melissa Dalton


 


The Night Market will run every Wednesday from 5 to 10pm until October.

Thought there wasn't enough of any type of vendors, not as if you can drop by for dinner here nor get your fresh produce either. There was just 1-2 of everything. Hope it will get a bit bigger and better. 

But def worth dropping by if you are in the area to support some local Business and have a drink or two after work (^_^)


2 comments:

  1. Really can spend some time there...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. We checked it out a couple weeks ago ... maybe the same night you did. Cool spot!

    ReplyDelete